Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Oops! Nearly denied people the right to free speech there...

I didn't realise Blogger had added a wobbly text human verify thingy to comments, but it's optional and wasn't turned on. I was deleteing about 5 spam comments a day from my blog, and I had enough and nearly left the blog with all comments turned off!

But now I've re-enabled all previous comments and enabled the verify box thing, so there's a step to go through before the comment can be posted where you read some slightly garbled picture of some letters and type them in. Bot progs can't do that. Yet.

Yeah right, seen what the insurance sales sites do? Guys like confused.com eat passcode verification systems like that for breakfast.

Honestly though, crappy spam in blog comments? What's the point?

Harumph!

No comments: