Thursday, December 16, 2004

Ah, the sweet smell of reading... yes, I didn't get to the Sebastian Bach gig, but i did consider going on my own and touting the tickets...

Nic is exhausted, seems like she had a day much like mine, with everything coming at once. So we got to reading, having managed to get almost totally gunked up in readings infamous IDR. Then nic decided she didn't want to go.

Funny thing is, this is fine! She was in a shitty mood, so I set about cheering her up, which cheered me up immensely. To Nic's credit she made lots of bitchy comments about stuff as we tried in vain to get to Reading station in some sort of good time (just not possible, the place is a disaster area), but she didn't explode at any point, even when my driving was less than F1 standards (which you need to use in Berkshire to get anywhere. Drive like a bastard, get to where you're going. Value your car/life/passengers, get stomped on by everybody else).

And I didn't even need to use vodka and jaffa cakes to cheer her up like I had to when we lived in Alexandra Court in St Andrews - she had a crappy cold so I drank most of a full bottle of vodka, ate a packet of jaffa cakes and made merry until she had cheered up. Unfortunately I then passed out in the en suite bathroom, having locked the door ;) This caused much stress.

No comments: