Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The unbearable wierdness of not gigging...

Wow, it's odd being back at home. Plusses include:
  • My other basses - I'm playing nothing but 5 string Warwick Corvette Fretless and carver acoustic 4 string at the moment
  • Nic on tap without a 15 hour journey (she'll kill me if she reads that but it's meant in a nice way :)
  • Mogs - the three terrors who scamper about trying to kill each other during the day, missed that while I was away
  • Not having to climb the hill back up to the flat :)
  • Living in a big house with 2 showers, 3 toilets, a music room, a pool table, a stocked fridge, a dishwasher.... the list goes on :)
  • Having my car back (I know Alison will appreciate that one), although I need to tax it at the moment
  • More chance of snow (that's not fair really is it.... nah, it's true though)

Minuses include:

  • No gigging 5 days a week
  • Snowboarding chances pretty limited (although this isn't the wrench I thought it would be, given the season in Andorra I've had... lol)
  • Got to get another desk job (although I'm actually looking forward to being able to choose something this time)

I'm really missing the gigs. This time around, I got a taste of being up front, and I liked it: I was chatting to Nic the other day and realised that I may be ready to start another band - not since the Apostles of Funk in St Andrews have I really managed the activities of a band (I was writing out brass parts for that band) - I think I may be ready to really want to make something work again. The usual dichotomy though: to work, or to play? If it's a hobby, there's only so much you can do... there's always my Myspace site I guess, for the solo stuff... where did I leave Cubase...

Heh heh watch out for some warped live bass electronica people

No comments: